Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 03:56:09 -0600
From:      Brett Bump <bbump@enetis.net>
To:        brisling fk <brislingf@hotmail.com>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD on 3300s

Yes, FreeBSD runs very well on my 3300's (thanks to Drew).  You can change
the boot process by pushing the halt button in (that's the middle one) which

will leave you at the SRM prompt.  Once there you can change the default
operating system:

>>>set os_type UNIX

I also like my systems to boot to SRM instead of automatically coming up:

>>>set auto_action HALT

This way I can boot either WindowsNT or FreeBSD from the SRM prompt.
You can get back to the Arc firmware (to boot NT) by typing:

>>>nt

You will most likely want to boot from a FreeBSD cd via:

>>>boot dka400

Hope this helps.

Brett