Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:01:23 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soyo K7VTA and sound

Greetings,
Anybody got the Soyo K7VTA working with pcm and STABLE?  It
beeps out my audio speakers fine booting up, but RealPlayer
complains it "cannot open the audio device".

My Aureal card which worked fine with a Tyan SMP board
has the same symptoms (after disabling the AC'97 stuff).

I've iterated through the BIOS options, with no
joy.

Here's the boot probe (no Aureal card):

pcm0: <VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio> port 0xd400-0xd403,0xd000-0xd003,0xcc00-0xccf
f irq 12 at device 7.5 on pci0

Please somebody, help me!  I live in the middle of nowhere
and if I don't get my KFJC and WFMU soon I might do crimes!
:-)

Russell