Date:      Thu, 11 May 1995 17:25:30 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sd2: Device not configured?

I'm running the 9504xx-SNAP, and I wanted to add a 94171-376 drive on
the chain (hey, it's an available spare drive).  The drive has not been
on a FreeBSD system before (or an intel box, for that matter).

When the system boots the drive is successfully identified and put at
sd2, but I can't open the drive, format the drive, partition the drive,
or anything else I've tried.  I get an ENXIO (device not configured)
error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...