Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:51:17 -0500
From:      "Lyle Scott III" <portcitycs@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   TinyBSD and libgcc

Hey, I am new to the list and look forward to learning lots!  I have been
using TinyBSD the past few weeks and realize the amazing opportunities at
hand.

My situation:  i have a NFS server hosting /usr/ports so i can add ports to
an embedded board when i want.  (www/cherokee as of right now)
I tried installing by mounting the flashcard on a working fbsd system and
using PREFIX=/mnt/embed/usr/local , but then I am left with /mnt/whatever/
before everything in my config files which proved to be a huge PITA if you
are installing anything with a few dependencies.

I had to put a few binaries (xargs, which, etc) on the TinyBSD system but
not I am getting errors when the port does a ./.configure complaining about
gcc (/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc)
Is there a way to compile libgcc with TinyBSD?  Or should i start sticking
with regular FreeBSD and trim it down from there?

Any suggestions are welcome.. thanks

--

Lyle Scott, III
http://www.portcitycs.com