Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:25:33 -0600
From:      TCWORKS Staff <support@tcworks.net>
To:        Rob Secombe <robseco@wizard.teksupport.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial port server

Rob Secombe wrote:

> I am presently trawling through the ports collection looking for a serial
> port server. I want to be able to telnet to a machine and end up connected
> to another device plugged into a comm port on said machine. It looks
> .../ports/comms/conserver may do it but is anyone aware of anything else?

Why don't you use a Livingston Portmaster 2?  They work very well in
this fashion, are more scalable and probably easier to setup.

The PM2 has 10 ports, the PM2e has up to 35, here is a link:

http://www.portmasters.com/livingston-specials.html

--
Chris

|Chris Cook - Admin     |TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |