Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 19:00:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-20000502-SNAP install does not boot

Well... The system I was replacing was simply an older snap from
november of last year..

I've replicated the problem on two different machines (yes, one
with an adaptec controller, but the option is on. The 2nd an
older HP Vectra XU 5/133C  with an amd0 controller).

I've determined a non-source fix is to:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da0 bs=1k count=1

and then do the install. This is with a compatible partition. I
have not tested dangerously dedicated yet.

No, I haven't done any disk swapping...

Thanks for the reply!
John