Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:47:50 -0800
From:      Joseph Olatt <joji@eskimo.com>
To:        Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad T60 Xorg issues

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 08:49:33AM +0100, Maciej Milewski wrote:

> Tuesday 04 of January 2011 05:36:45 Joseph Olatt napisa?(a):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently got a Thinkpad T60 with the Intel "Mobile 945GM/GU
> > Express Integrated Graphics Controller" graphics card. I'm unable to get
> > the "intel" driver to work. The "vesa" driver works, but I would like
> > the "intel" driver to work.
> >
> > I don't run dbus or hal.
> >
> > The details and log files are at:
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~joji/thinkpad_t60/thinkpad_t60_uname-a.txt
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~joji/thinkpad_t60/thinkpad_t60_pciconf-lv.txt
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~joji/thinkpad_t60/thinkpad_t60_dmesg.txt
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~joji/thinkpad_t60/Xorg.0.log
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~joji/thinkpad_t60/xorg.conf
> >

> > Is there anybody on this list with a similar laptop that have gotten the
> > "intel" xorg driver to work?
> >

> > Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > regards,
> > joseph
>
> From the Xorg.0.log it seems that your Monitor0 isn't connected with your
> running configuration.
> Have  you tried autogenerated xorg (X -configure)?
>
> Greetings,
> Maciej Milewski

Thanks for your response, Maciej.

Yes, I first tried without an xorg.conf file (autogenerated). It did not work.
Since I'm not using dbus and hal, I have to have an xorg.conf file to place the
"AllowEmptyInput  false" directive.

I suspect there is an issue with the Intel driver with the 945GM
graphics card. That suspicion can be put to rest if somebody else on the
list actually has Xorg working with the xf86_video_intel driver.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

regards,
joseph