Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 00:08:45 +0800 (MYT)
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        jim@carroll.com, "Jason K. Fritcher" <jkf@wolfnet.org>, Christopher JS Vance <vance@usq.edu.au>, Michael Vorleiter <michaelv@augusta.de>, Nils Segerdahl <seger@dang.se>, Alan Williams <alanwill@OEIT.VIC.EDU.AU>, Chung-Kie Tung <tung@turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw>, Andrew Hannam <andrew.hannam@bigfoot.com>, Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>, Joao Assad <jfassad@domain.com.br>, Affonso Loyola <aloyola@domain.com.br>, Andrew Ma <ma0205@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PicoBSD 2.2.5 Build Scripts

hey,

firstly, let me apologize for this _mass_ posting to all of you guys. you
share the same common problem in that you have all asked for the picobsd
build scripts for 2.2.5-R and i have not delivered.

secondly, allow me to apologize for the delay. i was stuck on a
consulting contract and didnt have the time to clean it up for distribution.

the good news is it's ready now on the web page,
http://info.net-gw.com/picoBSD/

some caveats: the inclusion of lynx involves some tweaking due to the
weird way the lynx chaps have x-referenced functions between source files
and libraries. hence, you would need to build lynx with a make in the
/usr/ports subdir before attempting it with the picobsd build script. if
you're not using lynx, you may safely comment the two lines which refer
to it out in dial/crunch1/crunch.conf.

secondly, there have been fundamental changes to ppp between 2.2.6 and
2.2.5 so these scripts will _not_ build on 2.2.6. i'm in the midst of
tweaking them for 2.2.6 and will release it as soon as i can.

thirdly, andrzej has already created a new mailing list for a shrunk down
freebsd, freebsd-small@freebsd.org. i am on that list and both andrzej
and i would be able to help you out with your picobsd problems. subscribe
by sending an email to majordomo@freebsd.org with message "subscribe
freebsd-small"

finally, have fun with picobsd.

Regards,                        /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."
dinesh@alphaque.com             (0 0)
|for a in past present future; do                                     |
| for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do |
| echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."|
|done; done                                                           |