Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:36:47 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>, small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: top in PicoBSD

> Read again carefully the above paragraph I wrote: libkvm depends on the
> accessibility of the file that contains unstripped, ungzipped binary image
> of the running kernel. You don't have it in the standard versions of
> PicoBSD. Ergo: libkvm fails to work properly.

OK, thanks, I've got it. Maybe, workaround for my case (i.e. when PicoBSD
is used only for boot and /usr then exported from host running real
FreeBSD) would be to save unstripped, ungzipped binary image of the
running kernel somewhere during picobsd build process and then copy it
from this FreeBSD server to picobsdhost:/kernel via NFS from /etc/rc. The
former should not be too hard (I believe one more line in pico make file,
right? the more so that there is no need in implementing it into the
standard src tree, I may do it myself locally), the latter is even more
easy. Could you give me a hint me what line and where should I insert to
enable the unstripped kernel save?

Thanks,
Alex