Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:38:58 +0200
From:      Ole Guldberg Jensen <ole_guldberg@mail.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Uptime of 8909 days on 5-CURRENT

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 09:31:32AM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
>=20
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>=20
> > On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 03:45:49PM -0700, Lamont Granquist wrote:
> > >=20
> > > I just did a cvsup today to -current on a GENERIC+SMP kernel and my u=
ptime
> > > is showing 8909 days.  Motherboard is an ASUS A7M266D with the (possi=
bly
> > > buggy) 1004 BIOS.
> >=20
> > I'm seeing this too, but I expect it's probably caused by out of sync
> > kernel and world.  I haven't yet been able to test this hypothesis.=20
>=20
> Heh.  I'm seeing this during the uptime announcement from the kernel after
> kernel shutdown, which means userland isn't involved:=20
>=20
> Uptime: 8909d8h59m52s
>=20
> Given that the uptime of the box was well less than a minute, that seems a
> little extreme.  This was on -CURRENT from late last night.
>=20
> Robert N M Watson             FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Project
> robert@fledge.watson.org      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services
>=20

@ uptime
 3:36pm  up 8909 days,  9:30, 2 users, load averages: 0,92 0,52 0,26

I love this ... I am _so_ proud :-)

@ uname -a
FreeBSD ole-guldberg.dk 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Apr
28 12:05:35 CEST 2002     ole@ole-guldberg.dk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DYNAMIC
i386

/ole
--=20
see my pgp public key at http://home20.inet.tele.dk/ole_guldberg
or at: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xEC74D4C5

"I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the
statues that are in all the other museums."
		-- Steven Wright

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--