Date:      21 Apr 2000 02:41:41 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best NIC / Best CDR-CDRW

Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de> wrote:

> cards from Netgear (Bay Networks) and D-Link have good reputation for being
> stable, and being not that expensive. Also Allied Telesyn did some good
> cards (Have used some old ones with AMD chip on them-smooth operation).

Not particular useful, as far as recommendations go. All of these
vendors have sold cards based on a wide variety of different
chipsets. For example, I'm fairly sure that...

> Realtek is only favorite when it comes to budget, due to being build into
> el cheapo products, you get a higher RMA rate.

... the Realtek card I just mentioned in another message bears an Allied
Telesyn label.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de