Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 09:30:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM Laptop 4MB RAM 486 CPU

Operating System: FreeBSD

	Is there a way to install without sysinstall.  In netbsd I can drop into
a shell and run fdisk, swapctl, and then disklabel to get the disk set up
with partitions and swap space to take some of the load off of the small
memory.  If I compiled a small kernel on my workstation using only the
components in the laptop and getting rid of everything but the bare
essentials I believe I could but this small kernel on a floppy and maybe do
it that way(there was a thread on this in questions referring to an article
at FreeBSDDiary, I'll have to check it out).  Of course all of this depends
on whether I can install sans sysinstall.  Has anyone done an install without
it?  This would be like doing FreeBSD from scratch(sounds like a good learning
experience).

Ian
As told by, Bob Bishop

Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.