Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:55:53 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [porter's handbook] problems generating pkg-plist automagically

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:08:26PM -0300, Fernan Aguero wrote:
>Hi all!

>Regarding the documentation: there are no man pages in my port, but a
>doc/ directory under WRKSRC with a Makefile, some subdeirectories,
>each with their own Makefile ... everything is html, txt, images ...
>
>Question: Do I let the Makefiles do their job and put everything under
>usr/local/doc)? AFAICS kaptain is the only subdir there and most ports
>install documentation under /usr/local/share/doc

1. /usr/local/share/doc.
2. does configure take a --docdir option?
3. worst case you patch the Makefile.am or Makefile.in in the docsdir.

>According to the porter's handbook, I could do something like:
>post-install:
>        .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
>                ${MKDIR} ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PORTNAME}
>                ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/docs/* ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PORTNAME}
>        .endif

Yes, that works, too.

>This is choking on me:
>error: unexpected "(" in .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)

Does your .if start in the first column? Sure there's no error on the
line immediately above it? (That's a weird one.)

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff PmpMpmMpp ppfppp MpfpffmppmppMmpFmmMpm