Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:47:19 -0500
From:      Tom Moyer <tommoyer@gmail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation Question 5.3-RELEASE

> Fortunately, you can still use the ports collection for your offline machine,
> by using a machine which is connected and doing the "make package-recursive"
> or "make fetch-recursive" commands to grab all of the dependencies as well.

Is there any way I can force it to fetch packages when they exist and
distfiles for ports if a package doesn't exist?

So in summary I have a list of applications I would like to install on
a machine not connected to a network.  I am looking for the easiest
method of fetching the packages from a server and putting them on CDs
so I can move them to the stand-alone machine.  For the one or two
apps I use that don't have packages I would like to fetch all the
necesary distfiles to be able to install those few apps from ports.