Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:22:01 +0100
From:      Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@sicfa.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   differences between 2-STABLE, 3-STABLE and 4-STABLE

Hi,

I've successfully installed FreeBSD-2.1.5 on a 486 SX 25 with 4 MB RAM
and 120 MB HD laptop.
I was wondering if an upgrade to FreeBSD 3-STABLE or 4-STABLE would be
interesting. What are the benefits ?
Will it run faster, or has FreeBSD became bigger and bigger and slower
and slower during the last 5 years ?

The upgrade is possible by mounting the /usr/src and /usr/obj via NFS.
I've already recompiled the kernel that way, so I know it works :)

Thanks,

lucas