Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:54:42 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>
Subject:   Re: Clock issues and crash on resume on 10-Stable r263062M

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:07:57 -0700
> Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, changing the default is cool, but there's still some odd bug
> > there that could do with chasing down. :)
>
> Sorry, I currently can't work on investigation why GIANT lock is NULL
> sometime on resume. (IIRC it happen because I use callout_init w/o
> mtx, so callout try to lock using GIANT)
>
> But I will glad to get any help on that :)

Turned off vt switch and found a couple issues:

1. Audio was muted  (by pressing the mute button) when I suspended the
system. The suspend operation caused the system to beep. When I resumed, it
did so again and I noticed that the audio was no longer muted. This can be
an issue when in a meeting or in some other place where a loud noise is not
desirable, but my be an issue with the Lenovo BIOS or EC.

2. When the system is resumed, the display is not refreshed and is full of
artifacts.I moved to another desktop and back (I use gnome2) and fixed
everything except the panel which never gets redrawn. This is possibly an X
issue (Intel 3000 graphics) or something with the KMS handling of a resume.

Probably neither of these is really a vt(4) issue, though, an I really do
appreciate having a working vty system after starting X.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com