Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 22:20:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.x may not run on Cyrix 486DL

I have tried images to boot FreeBSD 2.0R, 2.0.5R, and 2.0.5-950622-SNAP
on my 33Mhz Cyrix 486DL which is currently running FreeBSD 1.1, and
none of them have worked.  2.0R hangs before the "Testing Memory"
message, and the 2.0.5 versions reboot right before the Copyright
message (right after uncompressing done and booting kernel).  I have
tried all three boot images on my 386, and the images themselves seem
fine.  (I have tried to disable the cache, but that breaks this system
very badly for some unknown reason...)

Should I bite the bullet and get a 486 MB and an Intel chip, or is there
some way I can contribute to resolving this?

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417