Date:      05 Dec 2002 15:21:16 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution and LDAP problems.

Hi Joe,

We have a winner! :)

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 13:17, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I got LDAP working in Evo 1.2.0 sort of.  I had to upgrade and build
> with -DWITH_LDAP.  Then, I did a killev.  After that, I configured Evo
> to use my company's LDAP server on TCP 389 without TLS.  Then, I was
> able to search in the Other Contacts entry for my LDAP server.  However,
> when trying to search for an address from the Evo composer, it didn't
> work.  The LDAP server returned an error trying to parse Evo's search
> request.  I think there's a bug with this at Ximian.  Hope this helps.

I'm not sure about autocompletion.  I have been having a little trouble
with that myself but have yet to investigate it much. It seems not to
work on nicknames less than 3 characters in length. I don't use the
contacts db much, mainly using the LDAP server so it has been much more
of a pain.

In the end the LDAP fix was to edit the

evolution/addressbook-sources.xml

file and change the scope to "sub".  That now seems to work fine.

Carl.