Date:      Sat,  7 Jan 1995 06:00:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Seth Andrew Covitz <sc67+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   X-Server for MATROX

Hello,

    Has anyone developed or know where I could obtain an X-Server
package for the MATROX MGA Series of Graphics Adapters.

    I can user the VGA16 Server that comes with XFree86-3.1, but I'd
like to use a higher resolution. (Matrox is not based on any of the
other chips given in the documentation).

    If noone knows of the existence of such a package, can someone point
me to where I could begin to make my own...

Thanks,

Seth A. Covitz
seth@cmu.edu