Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:25:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting/unmounting disks

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Sean Harding wrote:

> Unmount usr shouldn't require a re-install. A simple reboot should bring
> it back to its old state, unless you took it out of /etc/fstab as
> well...

Looks like the cat is out of the bag.

OK, I admit it!! I took it out of /etc/fstab first!!  please stop
reminding me...  I just want to put this in my past...

> Or you can just mount it back up manually. Yeah, it will probably
> bring your system down, but it shouldn't really be a big deal...
>
> Sean

Well, I didn't just unmount it and edit /etc/fstab.  I also foolishly
moved a bunch of files around, apparently losing some important ones.

Believe me.  The system was toast.  (And it was a good excuse to wipe
my 1GB HD I had used for Windoze and install FreeBSD on IT).

M.