Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:32:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Raistrick <drais@wow.atlasta.net>
To:        thundergod@bigfoot.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REPOST - Installation Bug - All available versions hang on install

> Pro 10/100 PCI network adaptor.  What makes this system unusual is that i=
> is =93legacy free=94 which means it has none of the traditional I/O ports=
 (no
> serial, parallel, PS/2 or even floppy interface).  All I/O is via one of =
the

=2E...and thereby it doesn't have a keyboard controller at all.  The system
is hanging on boot looking for the keyboard controller itself and not
finding one, since it doesn't exist.

I've seen this on an embeded system as well.

I don't recall the exact workaround, but without the ability to build your
own release, you won't be able to make the change anyway.

You might try installing on another machine (any machine) that can use the
systems disk.

But out of the box, I suspect there is no workaround for you.  If you DO
have the legacy-keyboard-enable type option, you should try that...but I
suspect you would have if you had it.

If someone else is familar enough with the workaround for this issue, and
can post it, I could make the changes and build an ISO for you, probably,
though my free time for such at the moment is limited.

When my developers get in, I'll dig further regarding the workaround, as
well.

=2E..david (a lowly sysadmin. :)

---
david raistrick