Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 17:34:34 -0500
From:      Pastor Mac <Pastor_Mac@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raw Newcomer

On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 04:28  PM, Lute Mullenix wrote:

> Well keep us informed, I would like to hear about your progress.

Thanks for the book suggestions.  What I've found with virtually any
documentation regardless of platform is how complete it is except for
the problem you're facing at the moment.  IOW, Murphy's Law applied to
documentation.  But the more perspectives on a problem means that each
author might have found some issue others might not think is worth
mentioning or simply gloss over it.  Ultimately, proficiency comes from
making mistakes and learning what happened in order not to do it
again--the book merely points out where the edge of the cliff is but
its up to us to stop before we fall off.

Pax,

Pastor Mac
On OS X