Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:48:38 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Koop Mast <kwm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DeviceKit

--=-sMbOsXQSV67YY407Pl6J

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 01:52 +0200, Koop Mast wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 10:33 +1200, James Butler wrote:
> > Hi -gnome,
> >=20
> > A couple of weeks ago I was looking for info on DeviceKit on FreeBSD,
> > when I found the "State of the FreeBSD GNOME Project" thread from
> > earlier in the year, which mentions DeviceKit as a priority for
> > porting. Has anyone stepped up to do this so far?
> >=20
> > -James Butler
>=20
> I got something in the works. At the moment I'm working on what exactly
> happens on linux.=20

I had an idea to port DK to FreeBSD as a wrapper around HAL.  The reason
for this is that FreeBSD doesn't have udev (or sysfs), and a lot of
effort went in to abstracted the various hardware properties in hal, so
those methods should probably be leveraged.  Libhal also provides a good
API for performing many of the operations required by DK.

However, I haven't started any work on this.  Yes, getting DK on FreeBSD
is a priority, especially for GNOME 3.0.

Joe

--=20

--=-sMbOsXQSV67YY407Pl6J

--=-sMbOsXQSV67YY407Pl6J--