Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 23:36:05 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE pccard?

Quoting Warner Losh <imp@village.org>:

> In message <200010021315.JAA25791@lakes.dignus.com> Thomas David Rivers
> writes:
> :    Oct  2 09:14:29 canteens /kernel: ed1: device timeout
>
> Are you sure you have no other hardware on IRQ 3 and 5?  Both of these
> on my vaio are used.  The timeout that you are seeing is almost always
> an interrupt problem.
>
> Warner

It's in the FAQ. ed sometimes gives it at boot.
I've RealTek 8029 which gives it to me when the system boots.
It should work otherwise.
What happends when you try to ifconfig it?

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]