Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 00:34:30 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@ontario.mooseriver.com>
To:        Dave Walton <walton@nordicrecords.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interesting job listing seen...

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 01:44:49AM -0000, Dave Walton wrote:
> A friend found this job posted on Microsoft's site:
>
> (http://www.microsoft.com/jobs/search/jobDetail.asp?fromPage=viewJobs&jobNumber=
> 461&page=2&msid1=-1578886052&msid2=158994899&msid3=-1396506496&msid4=1607985518)
>

> WEB DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER [Job Code: N05rc-c8 ]
>
> Division: Interactive Media Group - Web Essentials
>
> As a Webserver Administrator, you will configure and maintain Apache
> Webservers in FreeBSD environment. Required skills include Apache, Perl,
> Shell scripting, HTML, UNIX (FreeBSD), and understanding of Unix
> security. Experience with CVS Revision control, Kerberos, StongHold set
> up & configuration a plus. We are looking for someone who has had
> experience in handling content for a commercial Website. Expertise in
> Apache Webserver configuration is important. It would be considered a
> plus if you've set up and maintained a QA/staging server.
>
> Job Location: San Francisco, California

This is most likely a job at link exchange. The other FreeBSD based company
that microsoft owns is Hot Mail which is based in Sunnyvale (or Santa
Clara). Or it could be that microsoft bought another company based on
FreeBSD and again failed in their attempt to move the services to NT (No
Thanks)

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses