Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:48:26 +0200
From:      Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
To:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
Cc:        "Pawe? Jakub Dawidek" <pawel@dawidek.net>, Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>, vishwin@freebsd.org,  dev-commits-src-main@freebsd.org,  Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, pjd@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: git: 2a58b312b62f - main - zfs: merge openzfs/zfs@431083f75

On 4/13/23, Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 19:54:42 +0900
> Pawe=C5=82 Jakub Dawidek <pawel@dawidek.net> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 13, 2023, at 16:10, Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> wrote=
:

>> > =EF=BB=BFIn message <20230413070426.8A54F25A@slippy.cwsent.com>, Cy Sc=
hubert
>> > writes:

> >> used USE_TMPFS=3D3D3D"data" instead of the

>> > This email itself was also corrupted. Below is what was sent. Good
>> > thing
>> > multiple copies are saved by exmh.
>> >
>> > Admitting I'm wrong: sending copies of my last reply to you back to
>> > myself,
>> > again and again, three times, I've managed to reproduce the corruption
>> > you
>> > are talking about.
>> >
>> > From my previous email to you.
>> >
>> > header. Trying to reply:::::::::, again, using exmh instead.
>> >                       ^^^^^^^^^
>> > Here it is, nine additional bytes of garbage. I've replaced the garbag=
>> > with colons because nulls mess up a lot of things, including cut&paste=
.

>> > In another instance about 500 bytes were removed. I can reproduce the
>> > corruption at will now.
>> >
>> > The EXDEV patch is applied. Block_cloning is disabled.
>> >
>> > Somehow nulls and other garbage are inserted in the middle of emails
>> > after
>> > the ZFS upgrade.
>> >
>> Can you please try this patch:
>>
>> github.com
>
> The patch was applied yesterday at noon (PDT).
>

>> Unfortunately I don=E2=80=99t see how this can happen with block cloning
>> disabled.
>
> It does and it's reproducible.

There is corruption with the recent import, with the
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/14739/files patch applied and
block cloning disabled on the pool.

There is no corruption with top of main with zfs merge reverted altogether.

Which commit results in said corruption remains to be seen, a variant
of the tree with just block cloning support reverted just for testing
purposes is about to be evaluated.

--=20
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>