Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:46:12 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED" <mencl@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>, Ali Alaoui El Hassani <961BE653994@stud.alakhawayn.ma>
Cc:        CrazZzy Slash <slash@krsu.edu.kg>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Subject:   Re: Encryption over IP

At 3:12 PM +0200 9/24/00, Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED wrote:
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Ali Alaoui El Hassani wrote:
>

> > Dear all  I have a question for you,
> >
> > do you any encryption protocols else then IPsec(ESP, ESP +AH)
> > that do encryption overIP ?
>
>Why do you need a different protocol?
>
>Well, anyway, you can use tunnelling via ssh.

Other option might be tunnelling using the underlying openssl
layer.  I'm just now playing with 'stunnel' to encrypt connections
to a chat system that is used here at RPI.  It wasn't all that
hard to setup.

Of course, we were doing that to tunnel just one service, and
not all traffic between two hosts.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute