Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 12:42:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xxx_stop and ifq->if_snd in NIC drivers

In message <XFMail.000523214846.dmlb@computer.my.domain> Duncan Barclay writes:
: In a wireless NIC driver should one drain the output queue when the interface is
: stopped? I've been perusing /sys/dev/awi.c and the output queue is drained in
: that driver.

It depends on how the interface is stopped.  If it is being stopped a
few milliseconds before it loses power, I don't think it would make
sense to drain anything...

If it is just ifconfig down, then it likely makes sense.

Warner