Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:43:07 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jdp@polstra.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux compat issue(s)

sos@FreeBSD.org stands accused of saying:

> > Damn, beaten to it again 8(  I'm still trying to find a copy of the rotten
> > ELF format!
>
> Too bad :), I have the framework done and will commit the changes tonight..

How does one say "bastard" in the local doggerel? 8) 8)

I presume this uses a method that JDP can integrate with the linker, so that
it's not necessary to 'brand' ELF executables after you've made them?

Will your changes just reject an unidentifiable ELF binary out-of-hand,
or could you add a sysctl variable to determine which format to
presume?  The latter method would be best, IMHO.