Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 10:02:23 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DELL Latitude 400 and pccard?

  >      If you're getting insertion and removal messages, that's a good
  > sign.  You may have gotten over the IRQ hump.

Ok. I think I'm over part of it.

  >      The "(NULL) (NULL)" messages may be due to a pcic memory conflict.
  > What does "pccardc dumpcis" display?  If you get messages like "code XXX
  > ignored", where "XXX" is a number, then you may have a memory conflict.

it dumps core but I see a large number of ignored messages before it does.

  >      In theory, PCI devices can share IRQs.  In practice (in FreeBSD),
  > it depends.  The FreeBSD 4.X pcic device is, alas, special in that it
  > cannot share IRQs (Warner just verified this).  With luck, the USB
  > device can share IRQs (but I don't know this for a fact).

Its on 11. Or are you saying that it too will allocate daughter irq to
attached devices, and I need to be careful about the 3/5/7/9 set which I
now depend on as my 'pool' for non-wired things?

What do I try to clear up the mem conflicts for pcic next? I'm tempted
to try leaving it to the kernel to find these and not wire it to 5, but
I fear it will bounce back into PIO mode and I'll be back on freezes

(My guess is that Windows uses PIO, and is able to avoid this whole mess)

cheers
	-George