Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:05:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "RT" <tr49986@rcc.on.ca>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Still NFS Problems

:In the past 3 weeks I've upgraded from 3.0-release, to 3-stable to 4-current
:(as of 4 days ago).  I've tried nfs v2 and nfs v3.  In all of those
:circumstances I end up with programs locking due to write problems.
:
:I'm no good a debugging, so if someone could hold my hand through this
:one...
:
:Basic problem.  .nfs798798 files appearing on server, program on client
:locks up in STAT 'D' according to top.  The problem only occurs on read /
:write mounts (duh..).  I only have my home partition writable as of right
:now.
:
:The easiest way to replicate it is to compile something large.  i.e. make
:world from the client machine.  Soon I'll just make my home directory read
:only too :)  Any ideas? fixes?  things I can show you?

    When this happens, run 'dmesg' on the client.  Does it report any problems
    near the end of the system messages?

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>