Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:39:22 -0800
From:      Samuel Clements <sclements@linkline.com>
To:        lister <lister@primetime.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabit NIC recommendation

I like the Intel PRO/1000 cards. They come in a wide variety of buses
and interfaces and you can get the 64bit cards for sub $60US if you look
hard. The 32bit cards will work for you as well in the 64bit slots, so
if budget is that tight, you can go for one of the 32bit cards for the
$45US range. The 64bit cards will yield greater performance, but you
need the system horsepower to use it.
   -Sam