Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:36:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Guenter Bartsch <bartscgr@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        xine-dev <xine-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.3 pthread implementation and FPU code

Hi,

while trying to get xine 0.5 (xine.sf.net) to work on freebsd I ran into
this problem:

Thread has returned from sigreturn or longjmp

after some debugging I found that disabling this part of the MMX-detection
code:

    asm ("pushfl\n\t"
         "popl %0\n\t"
         "movl %0,%1\n\t"
         "xorl $0x200000,%0\n\t"
         "pushl %0\n\t"
         "popfl\n\t"
         "pushfl\n\t"
         "popl %0"
         : "=a" (eax),
           "=b" (ebx)
         :
         : "cc");

solved the problem. So, I was wondering if there's any known problem about
FPU code and freebsd's pthread implementation, is there maybe a problem
with fpu-registers/status that is not being safed on context-switching?

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

   Guenter

--
time is a funny concept