Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 07:20:32 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some advice needed.

Jeffrey J. Mountin scribbled this message on Apr 13:
> >would people be interested in a remote statistics gathering program? you
> >would run a small daemon on the terminal server (or anything else) then
> >you could connect to the machine with a client and obtain any info you
> >might want from it...
>
> What kind of stats?  Any?  In that case... ;-)

actually.. I thought on it a bit more.. basicly, any type of stats you
currently get from a *stat* program...  I thought of a nice way to do
this really quite small..  I'll see what I can do with this idea... :)

> I know some have advised against Intell EtherXpress 100B cards, but I like
> them and the 3C595 was broken in 2.1.5, which is the only other 10/100 I
> had around.  Plans to go 100bT for certain segments later this year.

ahh... actually... David Greenman has been working on the fxp0 driver...
and it is now the only driver that supports full duplex 100bT... this is
also the card that is used in wcarchive...  I can get them from my supplier
for slightly more than a generic DEC chipset.. and less than a 3Com...

ttyl...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD