Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:40:45 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

In article <199709111006.NAA08473@shadows.aeon.net>,
mika ruohotie  <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net> wrote:
> uh, i know this is hardly current "feature", but on my other
> current machine, desktop at work, behind a firewall, cores cvsup
> whenever i try to start it.
>
> i get the following error:
>
> moonshade# cvsup -P - /etc/internat.freebsd.org &
> [1] 13986
> moonshade#
>
> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    Segmentation violation - possible attempt to dereference NIL
> ***    pc = 0x82bac18 = Cat + 0x18 in ../src/text/Text.m3
> ***
>

> [1]  + abort (core dumped)  cvsup -P - /etc/internat.freebsd.org
> moonshade#
>

> anyone wish to see the core itself?

I might want to, but don't send it to me yet.  First, a couple of
questions:  Which version of CVSup are you using?  (Output of "cvsup
-v" please.)  Which distribution of it did you install?  (Static
binary, installed the package, built the port.)  Also, please send me
the supfile that you're using.

Thanks,
John

PS - For the fastest results in the future, "Please report CVSup bugs to
cvsup-bugs@polstra.com." :-)