Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2023 13:53:17 +0300
From:      Sulev-Madis Silber <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   allwinner h3 ethernet corruption with active emmc?

help me to figure out what the issue is here

i have nanopi neo core board, which has emmc, awg ethernet and h3 soc

i had to hack a lot to get this up, including uboot (m1+) not meant for th=
at board and fdt is also my own

for a while i ran current on it with just usb eth and everything was fine

when i started using awg eth, i experienced 10% of chance of network failu=
re on init and rest of 90% showed stray corruption=2E dhclient told me pack=
ets are wrong size=2E ssh sometimes gave errors on mac=2E in failure mode, =
it gets so bad that switch port reports only errors from that port=2E like =
50k errors=2E and no traffic is going or coming=2E although tcpdump shows s=
omething, it won't actually get to other side=2E on ping, it seems to reply=
 but send out broken frames

note, i'm not really that good in any of this

it all gets fixed if i do ifconfig down/up cycle=2E well, apart from stray=
 corruption

but how it fully gets fixed is when i wipe emmc clean and just use externa=
l sd card

then corruptions are gone, it boots up with network all the time

did i configure hw wrong with my uboot or fdt hacks?

is it broken hw? i was told test other boards but it's kind if difficult a=
lthough i have more as they don't have headers on

if it's my hw and my hacks, how does it get fully fixed if i just leave em=
mc alone?

this is the only issue i've noticed, there are no data corruptions on emmc=
, etc=2E no panics no lockups=2E i only remember one time i noticed system =
had rebooted without reason but i wasn't there on uart to look it

so what's actually wrong here i'm wondering? h3 has good support i see=2E =
how those issues be fixed too? i get that emmc gets little usage compared t=
o cards so maybe there's actual bug there?

i know it's kind of sd/mmc but with wider bus=2E i'm happy to try any patc=
hes someone might have=2E just don't expect me to fully get what they do