Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 14:34:23 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
Cc:        Blaine Minazzi <bminazzi@denverweb.net>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News...

Eddie Fry wrote in message ID
<3357FEE5.4DBB@eaznet.com>:
> I am in TOTAL agreement.  I don't think anyone's going to lose customers
> because they don't keep this junk on a local drive.  If anything, change
> your focus from "WE GIVE YOU EVERYTHING A SMUT-LOVER WOULD WANT" to "WE
> GIVE YOU FASTER ACCESS AND DOWNLOAD SPEEDS" because we don't jam our
> lines with smut.

Sorry, you lose. I know from experience :-( Customers have left
webspan (the ISP I currently work for) because I had troubles with
hard drive reliability in the early days and they went elsewhere to
get their porn. And they were porn suckers, believe me. ALL the people
who phoned to complain about the server being down, when cornered by
tech. support, admitted that they were after a.b.p.e, even one who
started out saying ``When is the news server gonna be back, my
business depends on it!''. He never posted a thing, he just read.

Gary