Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 1995 11:06:39 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modem (results)

Hi,

> I was suprised to not receive any response about the suprafaxmodem. I
> forward you a post found in comp.dcom.modems about it. What do you
> think. Really nobody use it ?

i have a suprafax 14.4 modem, i'll NEVER buy another supra product.

it works ok, my beef is with their service.  it had a lightning
strike (or other electrical disturbance) that took out the microfuse
inside it.  i opened it up, identified the problem, removed the part,
called them with a part number.  they refused to send me a
replacement part, their policy was that i had to send the complete
modem into them for repair/replacement.  this would have meant who
knows how many days (weeks) without a modem.  so instead, i spent the
afternoon driving across town to an electronics parts house, geting
a $.50 part and replacing it.  i then called them back, asked to
talk to a service manager and proceeded to explain why they will
never get any more of my (and that of all the people i consult to)
business.

by way of analogy, i own an estro profi espresso maker.  it had a
seal tear on the steamer.  i opened it up, identified the problem,
called estro up.  the service person walked me thru an exploded
parts diagram, identified the part, and 2 DAYS LATER a pair of
them were in my mailbox, NO CHARGE.  i will recommend them to many
people in the future, that free $.50 part will probably sell a dozen
machines for them in the future.

sorry for ranting but this sort of business foolishness really
drives me crazy.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD