Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:24:53 -0800
From:      Johnson David <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Happy <kuishin@singnet.com.sg>, FreeBSD-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Video Card Problem

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 12:44 am, Happy wrote:

>     I have a S3 trio 32/64 PCI (732/764) video card. During
> installation,when i wanted to configer the X server,this msg appeared
> when i clicked on the S3 trio 64 option on the list. It said:
>
>     "The server required by the card is not installed. Pls abort,install
> the S3 server as /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3 and run this program again." I
> have tried typing this at command line interface but to no avail.

This question really should have been asked on -questions. But I'll give you
a hint:

The S3 server is included with all the other X servers. You probably
overlooked it during installation. Read the Handbook over regarding
installation, then run the sysinstall program to do the post-installation
configuration necessary to install the S3 server.

David