Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 01:34:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        jordan@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvs repository hosed, freefall doesn't have ctm deltas of about May , 1st :-(

Hi !

I'm frustrated and tired, so please don't get me wrong :)

Since some days my cvs repository is hosed ... I already wondered
where the new ports are ... it's because of a checksum error in the
commitlogs. Dunno why ... tried ctm -v -v -F, nothing helped...

Now I wanted to restore the cvs repository by extracting the one from
the May SNAP CD-Rom ... but I had baaaad luck.

The last CTM delta on the CD-ROM is 1951 .... and the deltas >=
1952 have been removed on freefall ...

Although I have the verly last SNAP CD (FreeBSD 2.2 SNAPSHOT 5/1/96)
and did a subscription of it, I don't get a working CVS repository :-(

That was certainly not the intention of the SNAP CD-ROM, that you are
stuck on a certain CTM level, because freefall's deltas are expired
too fast :-(

Could one kind soul please fill the gap and restore the missing CTM deltas
between  ctm-cvs 1950 and the last one, that resides on freefall ?!

That would be nice, thanks a lot ! So please keep in mind, only to remove
ctm deltas on freefall, if they are already part of the SNAP CD ...

BTW, when does the new SNAPSHOT CD come out ?! Should I wait ?!

	Andreas ///

andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<