Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:52:07 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Bart Van Kerckhove <bart@it-ss.be>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT - Quagga/CARP

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:36:20PM +0100, Bart Van Kerckhove wrote:
> ECMP was indeed one of the features i was looking for at that time, which i
> found to be impossible.
> I just don't like the idea of moving towards another platform just for this
> reason, since I'm very happy with freebsd's performance.
> There used to be a patch for ECMP, but it was a huge hack. very dirty at
> best.

itojun recently committed a set of ECMP related changes to OpenBSD.
Unfortunately I have not had free time to review them in any detail.

I hope andre@ is watching this thread, it's probably on his laundry list too.
I believe other parties may have implemented the hack you are referring to.

Regards,
BMS