Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        "T. D. Pazuzu" <pazuzu@legba.pwrtc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BBs's?

> I was wondering if anyone had any idea what (if any) BBS software is
> available for FreeBSD.  I looked at the ports collection, and found
> *NOTHING*.
>
> I'm interested in putting up a BBS (I'll write my own software if need be!)
> and also setting up a private Usenet network so that people can discuss
> things without SPAM!

Actually, if you are inteested, one of our customers is writing a BBS.
The board isn't completely done yet, but from what I've seen it looks
pretty decent.  Right now the board is Linux native, since when he started
writing it that was what he had, but since Debian was giving him so many
problems loading, I almost had him convinced to run FreeBSD...the plan for
the board is to be ported to as many flavours of UNIX as people request,
and he was going to port it to FreeBSD first anyway, since we were going
to implement it as a chat/BBS/Mud server.  The board is supposed to be
free, with the ability to write your own apps to plug into it as
necessary, and they wanted to write applications and games for it.

If you want more info, you can reply to me, or you can get them the
following ways:

E-mail: djw@tbe.net
Web:	http://www.openbbs.org (though there is really nothing on the page
yet)