Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:46:30 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        FBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Another Favor request with RADIUS

On Jul 24, Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> wrote:

> change the port the Portmaster is using to communicate. My memory seems to
> have fast faded but I think the portmaster uses port 1645 UDP for radius
> auth. Can someone verify this? RBS uses port 1812 (auth) and 1813
> (accounting). Portmaster has ComOS 3.5 but I can upgrade.

A lot of older kit uses the lower ports, newer stuff uses the (correct)
higher ports, and I don't know about linux (this being freebsd-isp) but I
know /etc/services on FBSD has had the higher ports set for RADIUS use by
default, and has done since at least 3.2-RELEASE. I don't know about
Portmaster in particular so can't advise as to how you can get it to use
different ports (should be in the RADIUS server config, or at least it is on
stuff like CVX with which I am a bit more au fait), but had you considered
changing the ports this RBS uses. I would imagine it might just be pulling
the port numbers from /etc/services

Hope you get it up and running soon.

--=20
Technical Director @ Akita      | A computer lets you make more mistakes
PO Box 604, Manchester, M60 3PR | than any other invention with the=20
T: +44 (0) 161 228 6388 (F:6389)| possible exceptions of handguns and
                                `-----