Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:56:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk (Scott Mitchell)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audio from atapi cd -- patches for 2.2.6

> As soon as I get home and compile it again :)  From memory, the dmesg
> output was normal except that I got about 10 repetitions of the "atapi0.1:
> unknown phase" message instead of the usual one.  I got timeouts when I
> tried to mount the drive.

ok. if you can play with the changes in wcd.c near the probe routine
(where it calls atapi_request_immediate() to do an ATAPI_MODE_SENSE)
could you see if you manage to make things work again ? Maybe some
additioanl printf on the result from the above call, or some additional
test to decide when to exit the loop, might help to understand what is
going on.

It would be useful for me to fix things.

	thanks
	luigi