Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:37:45 +0100
From:      Matthew <M@MLNET.NET>
To:        Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
Cc:        users@ipv6.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeBSD-Linux SuSE via ftp

Sounds as though the host (SuSE) is probably waiting for a DNS lookup to timeout.
Try putting an entry into /etc/hosts for your freeBSD box, and making sure that
the SuSE box uses files before DNS for resolving - might be a nsswitch.conf,
or 'search files,dns' entry in /etc/resolv.conf.  Each Linux seems to do this
differently.......

-M