Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:47:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      s0121430@cs.laurentian.ca
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/16197: Installation problems on IBM Thinkpad 365 XD

>Number:         16197
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Installation problems on IBM Thinkpad 365 XD
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Installation goes quite smoothly, but when I reboot I'm told there is no O.S. on the machine.  After trying numourous solutions, I re-entered the install process and discovered my mount points were lost. That is, the partitions were there but the mount points were unlabeled. I tried to remount so that "UFS N" appears, and then writing that info and rebooting and still I get no OS.
>How-To-Repeat:
Any attempt to install v3.3-RELEASE on a (at least my) IBM Thinkpad 365 XD.