Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:22:32 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: spam filters (not FreeBSD specific)

Basically it's a limitation of the software being used.  I was looking to
have something that I could implement relatively easily on the client side
(Eudora, Outlook [Express], or even a web-based mailer).  Most of the
clients I've seen have only the simplest string matching facilities for
filtering.

I understand that I can't have the flexibility that is permitted with
regular expressions.  I also understand that the best filtering solution
would be implemented on the POP server rather than at the client end.  But
since neither of those options is easily available to me, I'm just trying
to hack together what I can for myself and my family.

--Chip Morton