Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:54:55 -0800
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        daniel B <danielb@pacex.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network renumbering (Yack!)

Hi,

If you have servers set your Time To Live low on your DNS servers a day or
two BEFORE you begin to add the new ip addresses. Sometimes you can get big
problems in your network by using two sets of ip addresses (routing
issues), but that should not be a problem if your network is properly
routed. You can monitor the old isp connection to see how much traffic has
subsided and then know when to yank out the old ip addresses.