Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:21:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        paul@originative.co.uk
Cc:        ken@kdm.org, stuyman@confusion.net, mwm@mired.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why no CDR ioctls for SCSI cds?

On 23 Aug, Paul Richards wrote:

>> > On a vaguely related topic, after much searching I can't seem to see one
>> > way or the other if we can do a complete bit-by-bit copy of a cd with
>> > either cdrecord or burncd, though it's possible I'm looking in the wrong
>> > place.
>>
>> I think cdrecord can burn CDs in disk-at-once mode, and I think cdrdao (in
>> ports/audio) can do it as well.
>>
>> As far as getting an image, you can use dd to dump off an image of a CD if
>> it is a standard ISO9660 CD.  (I've used that method to clone CDs before.)
>
> That didn't seem to work when I tried it a couple of days ago. Got a
> "device not configured" error.

You've done something wrong, it works here.

BTW:
If I need a copy of a data cd I use "cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,1,0
-eject -isosize /dev/cd1c" (cd1 is my CD-ROM, cd0 (dev=0,1,0) is my CD
burner).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

  GPG fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E