Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:51:25 -0500
From:      "Steven R. Baker" <srbaker@sympatico.ca>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Handbook Error (sort of)

Hi,
  In the Handbook section ``Using PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)'' the user
is told that they need to recompile the kernel with netgraph support.
I'm not sure if it is supposed to be obvious or not, but as a new user
to FreeBSD, I compiled my kernel and didn't realize I could just load
the netgraph module.  Perhaps a note can be made...
  I waited through a kernel compile on a 486/25 just to find out that
there wasn't enough disk space to complete...  After spending hours
trying to clean up space, I figured out that I could just install the
netgraph module.

  I didn't read the Handbook front to back, so there might be
information that I skipped that would have lead me to this conclusion
sooner, if so, please let me know where it is for future reference.

Thanks,
-Steven